Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 49 - Zombies had best not come today

So, we are all on the disabled list today.

We came to a rest week in the program, and decided to do some lifting for fun. I pushed my squats higher than I ought to have, and did one more than I should have. On that last lift, I managed to throw out my back.

Protip: All those lectures you hear about proper form? It really is for your protection. I could barely walk this morning until my back got a little stretched out - if it had been zombies assaulting the homestead, I would have been meat.

Watch your form and lift safe. Hurting yourself through your own greed and foolishness is not fun. If you do? Alternate heat and ice, and take it easy. Ibuprofen helps.

Because of my injury, Kate volunteered to mow the lawn. She got most of it, until the dead stump in the back started to disgorge a horde of angry, angry bees. She's never run quite that fast before, she says. She still managed to score several stings, which we treated with baking soda and antihistamines. (Baking soda and antihistamines should be in every zombie survival kit.)

And the daughter is trying to sprout at least a couple of her two year molars. We're all doing just wonderfully today.

No comments:

Post a Comment