Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 3: The morning after the first lifting session

1st - My inner thighs hate me and my hamstrings dislike me... and this is a good thing.

I have very bad knees(tm). Anything I can do to provide them with extra support is a plus. Running from zombies would be very difficult with a dislocated kneecap or other debilitating knee pain.

"The adductors [inner thigh] do not actually connect to the knees or move them, but strong adductors support the knees by keeping the hip joints stable. If the hips are weak or out of alignment, more pressure is placed on the knees." (Livestrong.com)

"Imbalance of the quadriceps is common, especially in women...In some cases, the quadriceps is significantly stronger than the hamstrings. (The quadriceps should only be about 25% stronger than the hamstrings). This can cause weakness of the knee. If this is the case, concentrating on strengthening exercises for the hamstrings, and stretching exercises for the quadriceps are very helpful." (BigKneePain.com)

Obviously, the full body lifting last night is pointing out my biggest weak areas. Knowledge is Power... and soreness is a sign of strengthening (as long as I don't overdo it).

2nd - I must remember to not expect any weight or inch loss this week. With muscles this sore, they're going to be using and storing lots of extra glycogen... and the water that goes with it. Learn more about this here.

Insane Cardio tonight! And some good stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment